Received multiple awards in two years and known as "World’s First Patented Labour Saving, Cost Effective Device".
Nomad is specially designed to help glaziers to unload, transport and install glass securely. It has 400 Kg lifting capacity and a capability to rotate a glass measuring up to 4400 mm (180"). Nomad has the adjustments to allow for side and top pocket glazing.
Nomad is the “World’s First Patented Labour Saving, Cost Effective Device” which offers safer option to the manual handling of glass, slate and board on site.
Nomad was specifically designed and developed by a Chiropractor and Occupational Health and Safety Consultant which assists glaziers with the installation, transportation and rotation of glass weighing up to 400 Kg.
The Nomad has received the following awards: Best Solution for Sprain and Strain Injuries, Work Safe Vic Australia Award – 2005; Finalist Engineers Australia Award – 2005; Invention of the Year Award – 2004.
With all European directives, the Nomad complies.
- Lifts glass weighing up to 400kg (4500mm wide x 3600mm high)
- Unloads glass on and off a frame truck, transports and installs glass into most frames (using the Quattro Lifts Glazing Guides)
- Generally requires only 2 people to transport and install glass safely
- Can be easily assembled and transported on A-frame truck
- Transports glass over uneven ground
- Rotates glass from horizontal to vertical
- Has useful accessories
The Nomad’s Rotating Head is an attachment that easily mounts on to the Nomad, enabling 2 glaziers to rotate glass 360º weighing up to 400kg from the horizontal to the vertical, which is ideal for installing long narrow plates of glass in commercial applications.
- Reduces the risk of damaging the glass edges during rotation on site
- Reduces man power required for transportation and installation of heavy glass
- Allows long heavy sheets of glass to be rotated from horizontal to vertical or vise versa
- Allows long sheets of glass / partitioning to be transported into an office or inside area
- Reduces the risk of workers injury
Business Benefits of using Nomad:
- Glazing businesses can save $1000 each year due to less people performing more work
- Reduced OHS risks and costs due to safer handling of large sheets of glass
- Using Nomad releases glaziers to process extra work leading to increased work capacity and profits
- Smaller glaziers accepting larger jobs using the Nomad
- Inexpensive alternative to using an overhead crane within a factory to move glass
- Nomad can pay for itself in a few months (depending on the number of installations)
These attach to the back of the Nomad to provide extra stability on uneven ground and allow the Nomad and glass to be tilted back 30 degrees allowing safe rotation of glass indoors.
Two adjustable cleats easily attach to the Nomad allowing two people to lift, transport and install a glazed unit on-site. The large 11 inch All Terrain Wheels allow the Nomad to transport the window over difficult terrain.
The Nomad U Channels allow the Nomad to safely transport.