An awarded glazing robot and specially designed for inside-out interior glazing.
With recognition from the Design Council and awarded the Construction News Quality In Construction Award, the EMU is specifically designed for interior use when craneage is too costly, impractical or impossible. Its unique manipulating head enables ‘inside-out’ glazing. It can angle and push a unit outside the envelope, realign it and then pull it back into position for fixing. In addition, the EMU's on board drive system provides the mobility to access tight interior areas. A 1000kg capacity EMU is currently in development for mid-2008 launch.
- Dual, independent vacuum circuits with two vacuum reserve tanks and two non-return valves
- Vacuum gauge for each circuit
- Capacity 500kg at jib 1, 500kg at jib 2, 300kg at jib 3
- Reach 5.76m from floor to pad face
- Working radius 4.4m
- Four outriggers provide stability and reduce floor loading
Unique, patented head allows a unit to be manipulated with ease through:
- 80° left and right of centre
- 80° up and down from centre
- 360° continuous rotation in either direction
- 100mm parallel movement either side of head centre axis
- Drive powered by 110v/240v site supply
- On-board maintenance-free vacuum pump powered by 12v battery with integral charger or 110v/240v mains
- Audio-visual low vacuum alert